I say ‘pizza’ as it’s not your standard Domino’s. No thick, cheesey crust nonsense here thank you very much! Instead, this is a slightly more refined and healthier number. Crispy prosciutto with caramalised onions on a base of garlic infused ricotta topped with juicy figs and a sprinkling of rocket….. this is not just any pizza, this is Meek Gone Wild Pizza.
- 2 Italian flatbreads
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tblsp olive oil
- 1/2 tblsp caster sugar
- 2 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 250g ricotta
- 2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
- 1 packet of prosciutto
- 4 figs, quartered
- 1 small bag of ricotta
- Turn the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the prosciutto on a baking tray and pop in the oven until it crisps up.
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil and fry off the onions until soft. Add the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Stir until the vinegar has evaporated and the onions have thickened and look sticky.
- Place the flatbreads in the oven to warm through.
- Mix the ricotta and garlic together with salt and pepper.
- Remove the flatbreads from the oven. Spread the ricotta over the base, followed by the onions and figs. Place the crispy prosciutto on top and sprinkle on the rocket.
Directions for use: Eat straight away or slice up and pack for lunch.