For those of you who say you’re too busy to cook then you’re lying. I returned from the gym late last night and timed myself from taking the ingredients out of the shopping bag to the moment the food hit my lips. Ten minutes was the grand total…. quicker than drinking a pint (well for me it is) or eating a bag of Percy Pigs. Smoked Mackerel Paté is super easy and all you have to do is whack it in a Tupperware with some crackers (or soda bread) and you have a yummy, Omega-3 laden lunch. So stop lying and start cooking:
- A pack of peppered smoked mackerel
- 200g full fat cream cheese
- 1tbsp creamed horseradish
- 1 zest and juice of a lemon
1. Take the skin off the mackerel and place in a food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients and whizz until completely smooth. Taste and add more lemon or horseradish as desired.
2. Serve with salad and some hot buttered soda bread.
Directions for use: If feeling particularly wild, this makes a great dinner party starter. Either put it on a large wooden board with toasted breads to share or serve in individual pots with some form of herb-age.