An egg based dish brings to mind beefy body builders trying to max out on their protein intake. This frittata is, hopefully, a more refined way of going about it. The great thing about frittatas is how versatile they are. You can pretty much wack anything you have in your fridge (within reason, not sure how baked beans would go down) to make a really tasty and cheap dish.
Makes 4 lunches
- 3 cooking chorizo sausages, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 1 pack of soft goats cheese, cut into rounds
- 2 x Romano Peppers, blackened with the skins removed, cut into strips
- In a large, non-stick, frying pan fry off the chorizo until lightly brown. Transfer into a bowl.
- Using the same frying pan as the chorizo (you want to use up all the lovely oils released from the chorizo), fry off the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the chorizo back into the pan with the onions, add a little oil if needed. Pour in your egg mix and season with salt and pepper.
- On a medium heat cook until the egg begins to set (takes about 10 minutes).
- Add the peppers and goats cheese.
- Place the frying pan under a hot grill to cook the top so it begins to puff up and set completely.
Directions for use: Show off your egg-cellent skills