Many recipes claim to be fool-proof and turn out to involve a thousand ingredients and thirty complex steps. This, however, really is simple, the most difficult part being to pour the mixture into coffee cups; if you can’t manage that then you’ve got problems…
Taken from the Green and Blacks Cookbook. Makes 6 large ramekins or 8 espresso cups:
- 295g Toblerone broken into pieces (reserve one piece for decoration)
- 6tbls boiling water
- 275ml creme fraiche
- 2 egg whites
- Put the broken up toblerone into a bowl and add the boiling water.
- Place the bowl over a barely simmering pan of water. Stir until melted and remove from heat.
- Once cooled and slightly thickened fold in the creme fraiche.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs whites until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold in the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into coffee cups and leave to set for at least 6 hours
- Serve topped with roughly chopped toblerone and homemade biscotti (See previous post: https://meekgonewild.com/?s=biscotti&submit=Search )
Directions for use: Not really directions, I think the empty cups say it all, and no I didn’t eat them all to myself.